Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why did I get married?

Last night, I went to see Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too.
I'm a fan of TP movies, so I'll be adding this to the list. Throughout the movie one message prevailed: marriages go through trouble, but with enough love and commitment, you can make it through.

Turn the page. I went to see this movie with my husband, who I've been separated from for the past 7 months. My husband who has one foot out the door and the other halfway in divorce court. So I'm watching this movie thinking "is there any reality here?"

I HATE divorce. I HATE what it is doing to our marriage. I HATE what it is doing to our family. I HATE IT. It's also caused me to wonder why. Why does my marriage have to be the one that seems beyond repair? Why does God allow me to go through this and endure so much pain? Why did I get married?

Love. In the movie there's a line: "love will not return to you void". Well it sure feels like it. I love my husband. In his greatness, in his weakness, through all his shit, I love him. But I'm not stupid. My love has been returning void. I don't care what you say. So after the movie I allowed myself to shed a tear publicly because I am tired.

I'm tired of being strong. I'm tired. I'm tired of having examples of healthy marriages all around me and yet mine is crumbling right before my eyes. I'm tired.

And worst of all, I have no answers.

Do miracles still exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment