Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Judas Kiss

I actually wrote this piece in 2007, but I was just thinking about it today and had to share it again. God allows us to go through seasons in our life in order for His will to be done. We don't like it, it's not comfortable, but it is absolutely necessary for His purpose in our lives to be fulfilled. When I get so caught up in my circumstances and lose sight of what God has already promised, I'm reminded that if Jesus had to endure being betrayed and that was God's only Son, then of course I'm going to have to endure some things - even betrayal by those I love dearly. Because of this understanding, I can now say I can rejoice in and through my trials, because I know I'm advancing towards His purpose. Amen.

Matthew 26:48 -54

Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: "The one I kiss is the man; arrest him." Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, "Greetings, Rabbi!" and kissed him.

Jesus replied, "Friend, do what you came for."

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"


Let's think about it. Peter tried to save Jesus. He was actually trying to stop Jesus from His Divine purpose. Everyone else could have been replaced, but Judas' kiss of betrayal was necessary to fulfill God's purpose. Jesus would have never filled the mandate and purpose of God if Judas hadn't kissed him. After we are betrayed by the kiss of Judas, there is going to be a crucifixion, then there will be a burial, but after the burial is a RESURRECTION!!!

What people don't realize is that our brother's betrayal is advancing us. Phew..this has me right now.

I don't know what you are going through right now. I don't know who in your life has kissed you with the kiss of betrayal. Instead of fighting him, fighting for him, whatever the case may be, just be like Jesus and say "Friend, do what you came for"! Realize that God placed that person in your life for a reason. The hurt, the pain, the struggle, the fight, the tears....it's advancing you to your purpose. They didn't realize the greatness they were releasing in you, but the next time you see your Judas...say thank you, you advanced me to my purpose!!!!

Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment