Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love...doesn't want what it doesn't have.

As a believer, I have stood and confessed many times that what God has for me, is only for me. I've been so positive that everything in my life is working out the way it should. I've put on the outward appearance so many times that my life is exactly where it is supposed to be. It is.

At the same time, I haven't perfected the characteristic of this kind of love. Especially when something or someone you love is being shared, it is extremely difficult, I would say near impossible if it wasn't written in the Bible that love does not do this.

Envy. The word itself does not sound good. It causes us to turn our eyes and our focus away from what God has blessed us with and causes us to feel inadequate, insufficient and unloved.

That is why love does not envy. Love desires what it has - what it is. In essence, love is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment